Friday, February 27, 2009

Fishy socks

I'm working frantically to try to materialize a pattern that's stuck in my head, but won't seem to translate to fabric.

I think the problem is that I'm not an experienced enough knitter to understand the mechanics of lace work, therefore cannot get the pattern to do what I need it to do.

I did have an inspiraton last night, and have made progress toward what I would like to see on the socks.

The reason I'm frantic is because I'm endeavoring to enter said pattern into a contest. And said contest's deadline is March 11. That gives me 12 days to create and perfect the pattern, then knit up two socks in said pattern.

Luckily they're going to be to fit a kid.

I've got one outstanding entry in a crochet contest. That was not an original design contest, however the item I submitted was my own design. I've also got another sock design submitted to knitty.com and I'm anxiously awaiting my rejection letter.

I need to find some good crochet sites to submit patterns to, since I'm much better at crochet design.

This is kind of like the fair to me. I get almost as excited about entering stuff in the fair as I do when I win a ribbon. It's just the process of having my stuff out there for consideration that I find exciting.

Speaking of the fair, I need to start work on some things for this year! I have nothing so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment