Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week 3, Day 1 - Early

Week 3, Day 1 - Early
Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brisk five minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:

Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3 minutes

I'm going to skip today's motivations and challenges, because today was an impromptu run. There is a big winter storm "comin' rait forus". And there is expected to be anywhere from 1-3 inches of snow on the ground tomorrow. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing snow is not the best thing to run on, especially since there's likely to be ice mixed in.

SO - despite my husband's wild-eyed "your psycho" looks, I got suited up and headed out the door in the cold March rain.

I've eaten more than my share of oreos in the past two days, and don't even talk about what else I've eaten. I seriously need to get that under control. I promise myself I'm going to work on that beginning NOW.

Okay, so cold, rain, winter weather warning. I'll be honest. I didn't do it all. The rain for some odd and crazy reason makes you run faster. Which, in turn, put me off my rhythm, which in turn ruined my breathing, etc. Also with the rain coat on, as my arms swooshed against my sides, and with a toboggan and hood on, it sounded like 100 birds singing right in my ear.

Speaking of 100 birds, there were at least that many in my back yard this morning stuffing their little bellies because they know the snow is coming. It made me wish I had a bird feeder.

Another funny story -- I had my inhaler in my coat pocket. It stayed there nicely until I ran past a storm drain when, "plop" it fell right out of my pocket in to the drain. Seriously?! It's like it jumped right out! On my way back by, I looked down and there it was. Although there was so much water rushing over it I had to study it for a minute to be sure that was really it.

So, I only ran one minute of my last segment, which means I only ran 6 minutes in all. But I will still call it a sucess. Until I get pneumonia of course.

I just want to stay up to speed. And I'm going to judge next week, hopefully I can run Wed and Fri and then decide if I need to repeat a day next weekend. If not, I'll get back to my normal schedule next week.

Oh, and when I got home, Donald was standing on the front porch with a towel in his hands shaking his head. I'm not sure if it's because he loves me and is proud of me, or because he didn't want me to bring my wet clothes inside. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed brunch! Don't let small things throw you off your rhythm. Find your pace and then listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to do. Every little change distracts me. I guess then, it is good to be experiencing different things to learn to deal with them.

    ReplyDelete