Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 5, Day 1

Week 5, Day 1

Brisk 5 minute warm up walk followed by:

Jog 5 minutes
Walk 3 minutes
Jog 5 minutes
Walk 3 minutes
Jog 5 minutes

Notes:
I am aware that I didn't technically finish week for, or even do two whole days in week four. And I've also got a lot of stuff left in my lungs. I think I'm over the sickeness though, I've just got the lingering crap that will cause me to hack for weeks to come. Seems to me that it would be okay to run anyway. And since this schedule doesn't seem all that daunting to me (maybe I'm just really tired) I might just try this. My asthma has really kicked in since yesterday though (maybe running in the rain while I'm sick isn't such a good idea after all?)

I found a really cool website that has podcasts tailor made for this running program. Someone who is a bigger nerd than I am took the time to put together music and timed it to each week's program. So you get music, and the guy talks to you and tells you what to do next. It saves you from having to keep looking at a watch. Brilliant.
I've finally overcome the need to listen to my feet hitting the ground to be able to breathe properly, so I love the idea.

I hope I continue to enjoy running for a long time. I honestly look forward to it, and am really excited when the day comes when I can get out and just run a mile or three.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am back from Atlanta now and it's time to torture/support you some more. This is a big deal, that you've pushed through the little monkey wrench your body threw at you - it sounds like you've overcome the temptation to give in, so you're already acting like a runner...perseverance! Love you. EJ

    ReplyDelete