Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 4, Day 1

Week FOUR, Day 1
Monday, March 9, 2009

Brisk five minute warm-up walk followed by:

Jog 3 minutes
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes
Walk 2.5 minutes
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes

Okay, I've just completely foregone the format of this blog. I need to write BEFORE I go, and then again AFTER. I promise to do better.

Wow. Did you read that itenerary? That's 16 minutes of jogging with only 5.5 minutes of walking.

And ya know what? I did it, I did it, I really really really diiiiid it. (Sung to the tune of the "I'm naked" song by Lorelai).

I went back to the track, but after having been wet and walked on it was like running on huge rocks. It was littered with footprints and holes. And I don't mean once in a while, it was solidly bumpy. Yes, solidly bumpy.

And my ankle hurts. I'm sure that's what it's from. Ibuprofen, here cometh I.

But ya know what? I did it, I did it, I really really really diiiiiid it.

Did it almost kill me? Yes.
Did I want to quit? Yes.
Did I quit. NOOOOOOO. I am TIRED of being a quitter.

And I just looked forward to Friday, and all the sudden quitting doesn't seem all that bad, really. :o)

But tonight there were (and I counted) 15 people on the track, and several more standing by. All people who could ridicule and judge. As a matter of fact, I ran past one Hispanic couple on my second lap, and I heard the lady say "two" and something in spanish that sounded like "circle". I knew she was talking about the fact that I ran past them twice. I think they must have had a bet, because she sounded genuinely surprised. And to let you know I'm not just paranoid that everyone is talking about me, she went on to say (and you must insert your own ghetto-ish inflection here) "I'm not tryin' to run". And the man said something to the effect of "Run!" or "Go!". Then I heard them arguing over the fact that he said something to me. "I only said run!"

Okay, that was a completely unnecessary story, but I told it to make the point that people were NOT riduculing me, they were JEAL-OUS. Get some.

I'm going to take my Advil now.

No comments:

Post a Comment