Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back at it...

You can ignore my Week 5, Day 1 post. I'm not there yet.

I got back to it today with some apprehension, because I'm still having a lot of trouble with my asthma from the cold. I planned on doing Week 5, day 1, but ended up with this schedule:

Warmup
Jog 5 min
Walk 3 min
Jog 2 min
Walk 3 min
Jog 2 min

My back and hip were hurting and my legs were weak. My breathing was not as good as it has been, but it was not the big issue. It was mostly the weakness. I think that is coming from having been sick.

I think I will treat Friday's run as Week 4, day 3 and hope my strength has improved by then.
And I don't care what anyone says. Running in the cold beats the heat any day. Today was not all that hot, but with the setting sun directly on me it was just HOT.

I do feel tons better, but I am set back one week. I may have to walk part of the 5k, but I'm going to keep at it until it gets here.

1 comment:

  1. KUDOS!! In spite of all obsticles, you are succeeding! Alas, winner's spirit! The running, all things extraneous and defeating sickness has made you stronger (and of course, blogging;)!!
    Re Re Re, kick 'em in the knee
    Ra Ra Ra, kick 'em in the knaa
    I'm still your personal cheerleader...
    though ultimately retarded.

    ReplyDelete